The Hart Speech Foundation is a recognized 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. We are dedicated to improving the lives of individuals who stutter through providing advocacy and scholarships for those in need of services. It is our mission to identify clients of all ages to ensure that no one is denied the opportunity to achieve fluent speech. All funds raised will be utilized to achieve the core principles of the Foundation:
- To identify clients of all ages in need of services and to provide funding to ensure that severe stutterers obtain necessary therapy to ensure fluent speech.
- To educate the educators by working with local city and town schools to raise awareness of the unique needs of people who stutter and to help therapists understand that these needs cannot always be provided for by local community schools.
- To work with community schools to identify those that cannot be helped by conventional stuttering therapy and to obtain necessary services at as early an age as possible to help the student to be able to enjoy a more rich and fulfilling educational experience.
- To provide advocacy for students and their parents to ensure that the students obtain the service and any public funding available to them to pay for services not provided by the local cities and towns.
- Finally, to provide a support network to the families of stutterers so that they can learn how to provide the most supportive environment in which their family members who stutter can continue developing the proper techniques to ensure fluent speech.